Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I just had a hankering...

So I like old school DC Talk, I'll be honest. I mean really who can resist? For some reason I was thinking of the song "That Kinda Girl," probably because it is so fantastic, and so I thought I would share the rap at the beginning with those of you who might be unfamiliar or those who would just like to be bask in its timeless glory. Of course it's not the same without the background guy responding to the lyrics as an anecdote but still, enjoy.

The other night I met a girl
And she looked to be so nice
I asked her for the digits
And she didn't think twice
A couple of days later called her up and asked her out
She said,"with you?" I said, "with me,"
And then she said, "without a doubt"
I took her to the Garden where
I guess they grow the Olives
She wore a tighter skirt
Than any I had seen in college
She said, "I love to smoke and drink
While cursing like a sailor"
I asked her where she got her mouth
And if she had a tailor
Finally I walked her to the door to say goodnight
She said, "I am an apple,Would you care to take a bite?"
Politely I refused and said, "I'm looking for a lady"
So she slapped me in my face and said,
"Boy, you must be crazy"

3 comments:

Ian Schanning said...

So in my head, that rap is by LL; it also ends differently. It's something like the inverse of "Big Ol Butt", as far as I can see. Rhyme style sounds similar, though, at least in my head.

Rachel said...

a bite?!

Alison said...

Thank you Rachel, thank you so much for understanding.