Thursday, December 13, 2007

For the Image Conscious

This blog has a lot to do with things I love. I'd like to introduce you to another love of mine: art. When I was in Spain this past January I had the priviledge of visiting some spectacular art museums, including the world famous Prado. It was here that I first laid my eyes on the real subject of this blog: Peter Paul Rubens' "The Three Graces." My understanding of the image is that the woman on the left was Rubens' first wife, the one on the right was his second wife, and the woman in the middle is the ideal combination of the two of them. Here is the image.



I mean check these ladies out! It looks like there is not an ounce of muscle on all of their bodies combined! Now, I'm not advocating that we stop exercising, I just love that these are the women that Rubens found to be beautiful. Being perfectly toned isn't everything. In fact, I'd like to start a movement. I'll call it "Embrace the Muffin Top!" Or maybe that's more of a slogan. But either way, I'd like to try to live my life being comfortable in my own skin. In fact, I like my little stomach! I don't have abs at all and it's fabulous! So ladies and gentlemen that is my charge to you, be like Peter Paul Rubens and Embrace the Muffin Top.

1 comment:

Ian Schanning said...

I'm fond of the "image conscious" double meaning. Clever!