Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Strange Plot to Cripple Alison Graff


Doesn't sadness always cause us to ask why? Anger, too. Why did this happen to me? Why do I have to deal with this? Right now I'm wondering how I'm supposed to deal with cutting someone entirely out of my life while there's still a part of me that cares about him. Why are pictures so hard to get rid of? Why is it that sometimes I feel like I'm doing better and then a few minutes later I'll find myself crying? I found myself asking, "How long? How long will it take for me to feel better?" But at least every day offers something good. For example, yesterday when I woke up and didn't want to get out of bed I began to compare myself to Audrey Hepburn at the end of Roman Holiday, and any time you can compare yourself to Audrey Hepburn you'll feel better. Oh, here's another one: why do I have to be so sensitive to everything right now? Like Nancy Kerrigan said, "Why me?" Oh well. It's not going to last forever.

3 comments:

cbshearer said...

aversion therapy. you could spend your time skateboarding, playing video games, working on your home theater.... oh wait thats me. but seriously.

pretty much you wake up each day and it hurts a little less until one day you realize it doesn't hurt at all, or you find somebody else to distract you and the process begins again.

Rachel said...

wow chris, that was really depressing. anyways, my sister is very clever. i love how the name of the post matches the caption on the mag cover.

Alison said...

I thought the comment was sensitive and thoughtful! but thanks to both of you anyway.