Friday, January 18, 2008

Psalms Kick Ass!

So something like 3 years ago I began to read the book of Psalms backwards. I'm still only about halfway done, but boy do I like this book! If ever there was a book about the nature of God, this is it. It's all about his justice and grace and love and particularly, some of the stuff that I love best, is about his majesty. I mean if you've created the whole universe and know how many hairs are on everybody's heads, you've got to be pretty majestic, right? Last year while I was in Spain this was the theme verse for our trip:


"Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage." Psalms 84:5


Psalms just fit so well with what I feel! Ok, so not the ones about how great Israel is or the "He should punish my enemies" ones... although... well, only if it goes along with His plans I guess. But really, in as much seriousness as I can muster, I love Psalms because they encourage me to see the beauty in this life that God has given me. He gives me great abounding love in so many ways, through the world around me, through the people I encounter, through the things I read. Though sometimes I feel discouraged and depressed about how my life has been I know that God has great things for me and has made me the way he wants me to be.

As an aside, this time last year I was meeting a couple of beautiful, genuine men in Spain. They shared their thoughts, jokes, and dinner with me and my friends. From left to right: Rachel, Helder, Markus, and Tori.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

2 things:

1)Nampa Zampa
2)We look terrible. Except maybe Markus. I love those men!