Monday, November 12, 2007

Here's to Maps!

I have very very very exciting news! This week... you'll never guess!... this week is Geography Awareness Week 2007!!! Now, I love Geography. I love it so much! Here is a little known fact about me: in Jr. High I participated in the National Geography Bee at my school. I scored high enough in my class to compete with students from other classes. When I was in 7th grade I won 3rd place, which was very exciting, but then 8th grade-- oh the glories of 8th grade-- I actually won 1st place! Of course, what I'm not telling you is that my school had about 400 people total. But still!! I was so proud of myself and I still think I have a great memory for geographical fact. If you love Geography too, take a National Geographic trivia quiz! Or check out other games and trivia here!

4 comments:

Alison said...

I got 7/10 on my first quiz and 9/10 on the second one... let's see if I can get 100%!

Ben P said...

I had no idea we shared this love for geography

(8/10 first time)

What's new with you?

Rachel said...

The best I did was 6 out of 10. The other ones were dismal. I still love geography, though!

Ian Schanning said...

Remember when we were bored and we started naming all the countries on Africa's coastline, in order? Good times.