Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thanks Again Twitter!

Recently, I have seen a number of interesting links posted by people I'm following on twitter. First, @ksalazarthomps linked a review of twitter written in 140 character increments. The author I think tends to have a fairly idealistic take on twitter, even though the tone is nonchalant and sarcastic. Of course, I liked what he had to say and agreed with him for the most part. An interesting read if nothing else.

I also started following @sacbee_news to keep updated on current events around Sacramento. Most of the time I find it really depressing-- news about terrible budget deals, deaths, fires, unemployment on the rise, that sort of thing. However, today there was a brief but intriguing article about a proposed bill that would allow the sale of marijuana in order to generate revenue for the state. I have mixed feelings about that but nonetheless, here's just a teaser from the article:

"California is considered by federal authorities to be the nation's top marijuana producing state with 8.6 million pounds a year, valued at $13.8 billion, making it one of the state's largest agricultural crops..."

Surprising! Read more here.

No comments: