Monday, June 9, 2008

My Pastimes

Two of my favorite things to do are read good books and watch good movies. Lately I've been doing quite a bit of both. "Good" can mean very different things in this context. Sometimes it's just entertaining (like the movie Wedding Date), and sometimes it's actually quality (like the book To Kill A Mockingbird). This weekend I found a new favorite: Lars and the Real Girl. It's a sweet and funny story about a lonely guy who orders a fiance on the internet-- in the form of a sex doll. The movie is not in any way lewd though-- the small town comes together to show "Bianca," and in effect Lars, how loved and cared for they are. The music was lovely and whimsical, too. In fact, I liked the whole thing so much I watched it first on Friday and then twice today!


I'm currently reading Atonement by Ian McEwan, although I haven't seen the movie. I'll keep you posted on that one!

1 comment:

Paul said...

it's a good movie, I saw it in the theatre wen it came out and have it on DVD.

It was one of my favorite moves from last year, you should definitely rent or buy it